From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Console scrollback
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 23:01:55
1 On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 22:15:25 -0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > FWOW, if you really want backscrolling on the console, you can get
4 > that with screen, but doing so would drive me nuts, since I'd have to
5 > break all my fingers to stop them from typeing ctrl-A to move the
6 > start of a line.
7
8 The decision to use Ctrl-A seems insane as it is such a well used key
9 combination. I used to change it to Ctrl-B, but now I use tmux, which
10 uses Ctrl-B by default.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Nobody's perfect and since I'm nobody...!