From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE5 stuff and media-libs/mlt conflict
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 16:08:45
1 On Wednesday 06 January 2016 12:34:46 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > You may well find that some KDE4 apps using Qt5 and new plasma look
4 > decidedly odd, as if they are using a toolkit they were not designed to
5 > use. Imagine 2 GTK apps on the screen, one using that horrible square
6 > blocky GTK+2 look you get without a proper theme, the other using nice
7 > new flashy GTK+3 goodness. Looks pretty gross and can throw you off.
8 >
9 > Thankfully the KDE5 apps I use all work nicely now, I reckon most of
10 > them grossness has passed.
11
12 Thanks for the warning, Alan. I'll keep my eye open.
15 Rgds
16 Peter