From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE5 stuff and media-libs/mlt conflict
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 16:24:32
1 On Wed, 06 Jan 2016 16:08:36 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > Thankfully the KDE5 apps I use all work nicely now, I reckon most of
4 > > them grossness has passed.
5 >
6 > Thanks for the warning, Alan. I'll keep my eye open.
7
8 To add some balance to all of this. I switched to KDE5 in July, when it
9 hit ~arch, and it all more or less worked. I did have one fairly serious
10 problem with KWin, but it turned out to be something else causing it, and
11 only one other person reported the issue on b.g.o.
12
13 The transition was a little bumpy with blockers popping up at times, but
14 it all seems to have smoothed out now, using the desktop/plasma/systemd
15 profile.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Top Oxymorons Number 15: Extinct Life