From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Automation: Ripping DVDs to disk
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:46:34
1 On Wednesday 09 March 2011 18:27:59 Stroller wrote:
2 > I've got a Perl script to wrapper `dvdbackup && mkisofs`, reduce typing a
3 > little and do some error-checking. It tries to preserve some of the DVD
4 > metadata (TITLE &c), and you might find it handy if handing off
5 > disk-swapping to your teenage progeny. My script is currently too ugly for
6 > me to distribute widely - as soon as I finished I realised I want to
7 > rewrite it from scratch - but I think it's fairly robust and if you want a
8 > copy for your personal use only then email me off-list. In the next version
9 > I'd like to remove the "unskippable" flag from all titles / chapters, as it
10 > seems a little daft to have ripped all one's DVDs to a network RAID array,
11 > and yet still have to suffer the dumb FBI warnings. All the Windows rippers
12 > do this, so I assume it's possible to implement, but I have no idea how
13 > difficult.
14
15 Hi Stroller,
16
17 I also would like to have a copy of your perl-script for this. It would make
18 my life a lot easier trying to convert my dvd-collection.
19
20 As for the "unskippable" flag, I wonder if the other tools "rebuild" the menu
21 structure and remove it that way. I have in the past played with making dvd-
22 menus myself and it wasn't too hard. (following the howtos)
23
24 Thanks in advance,
25
26 Joost