From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Experiences with gtk3-nocsd?
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 14:22:21
1 On 30/09/2015 16:08, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2015-09-30, Chris Spackman <chris@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 2015/09/30 at 04:27am, Grant Edwards wrote:
6 >>> [Actually, I don't recall ever using evince or atril for filling out
7 >>> PDF forms -- so that might be another reason I'd have to keep
8 >>> acroread around.]
9 >>
10 >> If you are okay with KDE apps, Okular has done a great job with all
11 >> the forms I have tried with it. Only issue I have noticed is that
12 >> check marks (which show up fine on the screen) end up printed as
13 >> another character. Still better than dealing with acroread, in my
14 >> opinion.
15 >
16 > At the moment I don't have KDE libs installed, but I have in the past
17 > used a few. A few years ago, the whole KDE libs thing turned into a
18 > bit of a nightmare at one point due to change in revision handling or
19 > backwards compatibility libs or something. I needed to get on with
20 > life, so I just uninstalled all of the KDE stuff. I man consider
21 > trying again...
25 Ahhhhh, you might want to hold off on KDE for a while longer. Many
26 things in KDE are in transition at the moment with upstream now moving
27 to Frameworks 5 and Plasma 5, with most apps still stuck on 4
28
29 Okular is one of those very much still at 4 so if that's the only KDE
30 app you'll use, it might be a smooth install. For now.
36 Alan McKinnon
37 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com