From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Rules
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 20:33:05
1 On Freitag, 14. Dezember 2007, Grant wrote:
2 > > > Lately I've been shopping around for other distros as well as looking
3 > > > at *BSD. Gentoo development seems to have slowed way down and I like
4 > > > things being improved as quickly as possible.
5 > >
6 > > Where do you find it is slowed?
7 >
8 > I don't have statistics to support this, but it seems obvious to me
9 > that things have slowed way down from the pace they used to be on. In
10 > the beginning, it felt to me like the devs were building an extremely
11 > powerful and flexible foundation upon which all kinds of amazing
12 > things were going to be built. The foundation is still good but where
13 > are the skyscrapers? Also the Gentoo Weekly Newsletter not being
14 > published in 2 months is an easy-to-analyze indication of slowage.
17 no, it is just any indication that nobody wants to wade trought thousands of
18 messages and stupid forum posting.
19
20 OF COURSE gentoo was 'fast' at the beginning. When there is nothing,
21 everything added is a huge step forward.
22
23 If you are using a ~arch system, you'll see douzends of new packages every
24 single day. Is that slow?
27 And FreeBSD:
28 because of some needed kernel changes that are known for literally years but
29 have not been made so far, FreeBSD on AMD64 has no nvidia support. So much
30 about moving 'fast'.
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list