From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: can one tell me: gentoo vs opensuse
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 02:14:50
1 On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 08:34:22AM -0600, Dale wrote:
2 > Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
3 > > Nor would they wanna say they were using some stock Linux. After all, the
4 > > financial market is the most important in the world and the best on the planet
5 > > is hardly good enough for their requirements.
6 > >
7 > > Ah, and look at my very fitting random sig.
8 > > -- Gruß | Greetings | Qapla' I forbid any use of my email addresses
9 > > with Facebook services. The Computer is the logical advancement of
10 > > humankind: intelligence without morality.
11 >
12 > I added you to my list of sigs I have to watch out for. Neil is the
13 > other one. It is funny how sometimes they fit the topic of the email.
14 >
15 > Dale
16
17 I may already have nicked one or the other of his sigs. :o)
18
19 OT about that: Recently I had to switch my “storage backend” of mail sigs. Like
20 most others, I used fortune. But it just became impossible to keep track of all
21 phrases in one text file. So I recently wrote a python program with which I now
22 manage all my sigs in an sqlite database. Now I can filter for language, for
23 author (of a quote), for source (website/blog), for tags (films, science etc).
24
25 Being such a highly flexible system, Linux made this very easy. Though I barely
26 use custom scripts for daily tasks (yet) like many more advanced Linux users
27 do, it was still very easy to set up.
28
29 Imagine you wanted to do that in Windows (and then integrate your new sig in M$
30 Lookout). ^^
31 --
32 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
33 I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.
34
35 Trees have one advantagees over people: they are also nice in big numbers.