From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about arts.
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 08:31:49
1 Uwe Thiem wrote:
2 > On 12 September 2006 08:22, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> As some may already know, I'm doing a new install on another hard
7 >>
8 >> drive. I have a question about arts. I have this for a sound card:
9 >>
10 >>> 01:0a.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1
11 >>> (rev 0a)
12 >>>
13 >> Do I need to compile KDE with arts support with this card? I never have
14 >> started alsasound before, if that has anything to do with it, and sound
15 >> works fine.
16 >>
17 >> I'm about to start the big KDE compile and was wondering before I started.
20 > If you want all the KDE "goodies" in the sound domain (system notifications
21 > and such) you better do for the time being (pre-KDE4).
22 >
23 > Uwe
27 I did. It has been working so far. I'm just trying to "clean up" a
28 little here. My old install has really been put through the works while
29 I have been learning Gentoo for the past 3 years or so. Doing a really
30 nice clean install.
31
32 Thanks
33