From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about arts.
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 07:58:46
1 On 12 September 2006 08:22, Dale wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > As some may already know, I'm doing a new install on another hard
5 >
6 > drive. I have a question about arts. I have this for a sound card:
7 > > 01:0a.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1
8 > > (rev 0a)
9 >
10 > Do I need to compile KDE with arts support with this card? I never have
11 > started alsasound before, if that has anything to do with it, and sound
12 > works fine.
13 >
14 > I'm about to start the big KDE compile and was wondering before I started.
15
16 If you want all the KDE "goodies" in the sound domain (system notifications
17 and such) you better do for the time being (pre-KDE4).
18
19 Uwe
22 Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
23 http://www.SysEx.com.na
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list