From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why are gentoo people so in love with colorized output?!?
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 08:43:03
1 Hello Dan Farrell,
2
3 > Hey tony, maybe this is beyond your control, or maybe you don't care,
4 > and if not i respect your autonomy in such matters, but your reply
5 > block punctuation character '|' defeats the very helpful colorization
6 > of my and many other browsers that use the usual '>' character to
7 > identify reply text. It makes your letters nearly unreadable.
8 > respects, - dan
9
10 I too use Claws Mail and | is correctly identified as a quote marker
11 here. It's been like that for as long as I can remember, even as far back
12 as the old version you are using :)
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 The program is absolutely right; therefore, the computer must be wrong.