From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] multiple emerge --sync on the same day?
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 17:35:36
1 de Almeida, Valmor F. wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I've been installing gentoo on 16, almost identical PC's. I wanted to do
5 > a manual install once and clone the rest but I am having problems with
6 > rebooting a gentoo box with the same livecd I used to install gentoo in
7 > the first place (I've also tried with a fresh livecd). Booting with the
8 > livecd would allow me to get an image of the hard drive to use for
9 > cloning. I don't know an alternative way.
10 >
11 > I am planning to get a few machines going on a manual installation while
12 > I troubleshoot the livecd problem. These machines are behind a router
13 > and there will be multiple emerge --sync requests coming from the same
14 > IP. Is this a problem? I read somewhere that the same machine should not
15 > be doing more than one emerge --sync per day.
16 >
17 > Thanks,
18 >
19 > --
20 > Valmor
23 Hi,
24 You could install once, make a stage-4 tarball, record/store it
25 elsewhere and later use it for all the rest.
26 Later any liveCD which could boot will do.
27 Unpack the tarball install grub/lilo and reboot.
28 PS: search gentoo-wiki for making stage-4 tarball IIRC.
29 HTH.Rumen
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list