From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mounting a usb device
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:36:58
1 On 29 Jun 2009, at 12:48, dhk wrote:
2
3 > I have a wireless hand held scanner that is temporary connected with a
4 > usb cable. I would like to embed Gentoo on it, but I don't know the
5 > mount. How can I find the device?
6 >
7 >> lsscsi # just shows the scsi hard drive.
8 >> cat /proc/partitions # just shows the eide and scsi partitions.
9 >> lsusb # This does recognize the device and give me the following
10 > Bus 005 Device 004: ID 05e0:2000 Symbol Technologies
11 >
12 > What do I do at this point to communicate with the device?
13
14 Are you sure the device should appear as a mass storage device? That
15 appears to be what you're expecting, but I don't find that clear at all.
16
17 Stroller.