From: YoYo siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Double firefox references in taskbar
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 14:09:09
1 On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 02:13:06PM +0100, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
2 > Since some time (I think since firefox 3), when I launch firefox using
3 > the button in kde's menu, I get two "Mozilla firefox" references in the
4 > task bar, one of which with the turning hourglass. Then, the main window
5 > of firefox appears. The bouncing firefox icon continues to be near the
6 > pointer arrow. After say 10 or 15 seconds, the bouncing icon and the
7 > taskbar reference with the turning hourglass disappear, and I'm left
8 > with only one (as should be in the first place imho). The aplication
9 > associated with the kde menu button is "/usr/bin/firefox %U" (I tried
10 > removing the %U, no difference).
11
12 Mozilla-firefox does have a startup-notification use flag, do you have
13 it turned on?
14
15 > If I run /usr/bin/firefox from the command line, everything is fine (ie,
16 > a single reference in the task bar).
17
18 Well, kde doesn't know that you are starting an app, so there's no
19 startup-notification magic involved ;)
22 > Anyone else has seen this? Kde version 3.5.9.
23 > Not a big problem, but I'm just curious.
27 yoyo