From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New monitor problems. < sighs >
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:43:24
1 > > I don't think that's true.
2 > > In my Xorg.0.log I do have
3 > >
4 > > (EE) Failed to load module "dri" (module does not exist, 0)
5 > > ....
6 > > (EE) Failed to load module "dri2" (module does not exist, 0)
7 > >
8 > > and still, X11 is running just fine. I think these modules are
9 > > superfluous with a recent Xorg version.
10 > >
11 > > Helmut.
12 >
13 > I agree, just checked on all the machines I am running Gentoo on with
14 > Nvidia
15 > cards and they all have those 2 EE-lines.
16 > Both of these have 2 monitors hooked up and that is working correctly.
17 >
18 > Ok, so my argument is looking weak then - are you using the nvidia binary
19 drivers like Dale?
20
21 For interests sake, do the libdri.so and libdri2.so files exist on your
22 system? Try
23 find /usr -name libdri\*