From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New monitor problems. < sighs >
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:26:03
1 On Wednesday 15 December 2010 11:10:03 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > On 12/15/10 10:56:21, Adam Carter wrote:
3 > > > I confirmed with lsmod and even rmmod and modprobed it back in a
4 > >
5 > > few
6 > > times.
7 > >
8 > > > Still no joy. I really think it is either the card or the
9 > >
10 > > xorg.conf file.
11 > >
12 > > > Thing is, when Mandriva failed to work, that makes me wonder about
13 > >
14 > > the
15 > >
16 > > > card. It was using the generic "nv" driver and it still wouldn't
17 > >
18 > > work.
21 > > IMO its a waste of time to worry about any of this other stuff - the
22 > > EE's in
23 > > the log file are ERRORs, directly pointing at serious issues with
24 > > missing
25 > > modules. So either the modules dont exist, or xorg cant find them.
26 > >
27 > > There's no evidence of a problem with the nvidia module or the
28 > > hardware.
29 >
30 > I don't think that's true.
31 > In my Xorg.0.log I do have
32 >
33 > (EE) Failed to load module "dri" (module does not exist, 0)
34 > ....
35 > (EE) Failed to load module "dri2" (module does not exist, 0)
36 >
37 > and still, X11 is running just fine. I think these modules are
38 > superfluous with a recent Xorg version.
39 >
40 > Helmut.
41
42 I agree, just checked on all the machines I am running Gentoo on with Nvidia
43 cards and they all have those 2 EE-lines.
44 Both of these have 2 monitors hooked up and that is working correctly.
47 Joost Roeleveld