From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New monitor problems. < sighs >
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:12:09
1 On 12/15/10 10:56:21, Adam Carter wrote:
2 > > I confirmed with lsmod and even rmmod and modprobed it back in a
3 > few
4 > times.
5 > > Still no joy. I really think it is either the card or the
6 > xorg.conf file.
7 > > Thing is, when Mandriva failed to work, that makes me wonder about
8 > the
9 > > card. It was using the generic "nv" driver and it still wouldn't
10 > work.
13 > IMO its a waste of time to worry about any of this other stuff - the
14 > EE's in
15 > the log file are ERRORs, directly pointing at serious issues with
16 > missing
17 > modules. So either the modules dont exist, or xorg cant find them.
18 >
19 > There's no evidence of a problem with the nvidia module or the
20 > hardware.
21
22 I don't think that's true.
23 In my Xorg.0.log I do have
24
25 (EE) Failed to load module "dri" (module does not exist, 0)
26 ....
27 (EE) Failed to load module "dri2" (module does not exist, 0)
28
29 and still, X11 is running just fine. I think these modules are
30 superfluous with a recent Xorg version.
31
32 Helmut.