From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New monitor problems. < sighs >
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:02:05
1 > I confirmed with lsmod and even rmmod and modprobed it back in a few times.
2 > Still no joy. I really think it is either the card or the xorg.conf file.
3 > Thing is, when Mandriva failed to work, that makes me wonder about the
4 > card. It was using the generic "nv" driver and it still wouldn't work.
7 IMO its a waste of time to worry about any of this other stuff - the EE's in
8 the log file are ERRORs, directly pointing at serious issues with missing
9 modules. So either the modules dont exist, or xorg cant find them.
10
11 There's no evidence of a problem with the nvidia module or the hardware.