From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New monitor problems. < sighs >
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:30:30
1 Adam Carter wrote:
2 >
3 > I confirmed with lsmod and even rmmod and modprobed it back in a
4 > few times. Still no joy. I really think it is either the card or
5 > the xorg.conf file. Thing is, when Mandriva failed to work, that
6 > makes me wonder about the card. It was using the generic "nv"
7 > driver and it still wouldn't work.
10 > IMO its a waste of time to worry about any of this other stuff - the
11 > EE's in the log file are ERRORs, directly pointing at serious issues
12 > with missing modules. So either the modules dont exist, or xorg cant
13 > find them.
14 >
15 > There's no evidence of a problem with the nvidia module or the hardware.
16
17 I hope you are right. If it is missing modules, what do I need to do to
18 fix it? I did a emerge -e nvidia-drivers and everything built fine.
19
20 Dale
21