From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New monitor problems. < sighs >
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:25:00
1 > > IMO its a waste of time to worry about any of this other stuff - the
2 > > EE's in
3 > > the log file are ERRORs, directly pointing at serious issues with
4 > > missing
5 > > modules. So either the modules dont exist, or xorg cant find them.
6 > >
7 > > There's no evidence of a problem with the nvidia module or the
8 > > hardware.
9 >
10 > I don't think that's true.
11 > In my Xorg.0.log I do have
12 >
13 > (EE) Failed to load module "dri" (module does not exist, 0)
14 > ....
15 > (EE) Failed to load module "dri2" (module does not exist, 0)
16 >
17 > and still, X11 is running just fine. I think these modules are
18 > superfluous with a recent Xorg version.
21 I found i had no X until I fixed that issue when using fglrx - so perhaps
22 its driver dependent. In any case, Dale's setup is not working so I think
23 the principle of fixing the obvious issue first is a sensible approach. If
24 fixing the log file errors doesnt help, then sure, fall back to trying other
25 things.