From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Post-Installation Problem
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 17:56:05
1 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 > On Thu, 8 May 2014, at 5:45 pm, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
5 > >
6 > >> … I edited /etc/conf.d/modules
7 > >> and added two lines:
8 > >> modules="CONFIG_SPEAKUP"
9 > >> modules="CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_SOFT"
10 > >> And reemerged the espeakup software; same error message, and on
11 > >> reboot, no software speech. Am I enabling the modules in an incorrect
12 > >> manner? If so, how to I get them to work?
13 > >
14 > > I don't think those are the correct module names, you can tell by
15 > > looking at your kernel configs to see what speakup modules you have
16 > > chosen. Module names do not usually have config_ at the beginning.
17 >
18 > I'm not the OP, but this is what I see:
19 >
20 > $ zcat /proc/config.gz | grep -i speak
21 > # Speakup console speech
22 > CONFIG_SPEAKUP=m
23 > CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_ACNTSA=m
24 > CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_ACNTPC=m
25 > CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_APOLLO=m
26 > CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_AUDPTR=m
27 > CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_BNS=m
28 > CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_DECTLK=m
29 > CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_DECEXT=m
30 > CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_DECPC=m
31 > CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_DTLK=m
32 > CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_KEYPC=m
33 > CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_LTLK=m
34 > CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_SOFT=m
35 > CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_SPKOUT=m
36 > CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_TXPRT=m
37 > CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_DUMMY=m
38
39 Sure, but those are not the module names, those are the config
40 parameters. If you go into the make menuconfig it will tell you the
41 module names in the help for each one, or do a find on /lib/modules and
42 its the name without the .ko suffix.
45 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
46 How do
47 you spend it?
48
49 John Covici