From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Post-Installation Problem
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 18:08:39
1 On Thu, 8 May 2014, at 6:55 pm, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 >>> ...
3 >>> I don't think those are the correct module names, you can tell by
4 >>> looking at your kernel configs to see what speakup modules you have
5 >>> chosen. Module names do not usually have config_ at the beginning.
6 >>
7 >> I'm not the OP, but this is what I see:
8 >>
9 >> $ zcat /proc/config.gz | grep -i speak
10 >> # Speakup console speech
11 >> ...
12 >> CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_LTLK=m
13 >> CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_SOFT=m
14 >> CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_SPKOUT=m
15 >> CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_TXPRT=m
16 >> CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_DUMMY=m
17 >
18 > Sure, but those are not the module names, those are the config
19 > parameters. If you go into the make menuconfig it will tell you the
20 > module names in the help for each one, or do a find on /lib/modules and
21 > its the name without the .ko suffix.
22
23 Ok, sure.
24
25 Does one use `make menuconfig` with Genkernel?
26
27 I apologise if I've distracted from the goal of helping Hunter recompile his kernel using this tool.
28
29 Stroller.