From: John Blinka <jblinka@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: need help tuning distcc
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 23:06:24
1 Catalin Trifu wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Is FEATURES properly set in /etc/make.conf.
5 >
6 Yes, FEATURES="distcc"
7 > I think you should use distcc-config --set-hosts to set the compiling farm
8 > hosts and localhost is not necessary.
9 >
10 I've used distcc-config. All it does is write to /etc/distcc/hosts
11 according
12 to the format described in distcc (1). You're right, localhost is not
13 necessary. The man page claims that, since localhost is last in the host
14 list, it will be used only after jobs are distributed to the other hosts in
15 the list. That's definitely not what happens on my machines, however.
16 > Did you check if /etc/conf.d/distcc is correctly configured on all the boxes
17 > like on which interface they listen on and from which hosts they accept connections.
18 > Last I believe you need to specify the port in the --set-hosts line:
19 > distcc-config --set-hosts "fast_host_1:3632/3 fast_host_2:3632/2"
20 > In this case 3 jobs get sent to fast_host_1 and 2 to fast_host_2.
21 >
22 The other machines are configured correctly and do accept compilation
23 jobs - but not very many. According to the man page the port 3623 is
24 the default and need not be specified.
25
26 I think I will try again with "localhost" removed from the host list.
27
28 John
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list