From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Packages being Re-emerged after portage update
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:40:04
1 On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 04:28:48PM +0100, Penguin Lover Neil Bothwick squawked:
2 > > I would think that if IUSE changed in an ebuild, that would warrant a
3 > > version bump, but I don't know the dev's policy on that.
4 >
5 > Ebuild fixes and other general tidying up that do not alter the installed
6 > code do not get a revision bump.
7
8 Ah, thanks for the clarification. But wouldn't changing the USE
9 variables change (pull in) dependencies and linked libraries? Or am I
10 misunderstanding what is meant by installed code?
11
12 W
13 --
14 I just got a physical and asked, "Well Doc, how do I stand?"
15 He said, "That's what is puzzling me."
16 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1 day, 21:27
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list