From: Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 17:51:29
1 Am 20.12.2016 um 18:38 schrieb Kai Peter:
2 > Maybe there are different opinions, but what is cryptic on - as a
3 > typical one - enp3s0?:
4 > e - ethernet
5 > n - network
6 > p - pci (port) ...
7 > 3 - ... 3
8 > s - slot ...
9 > 0 - ... 0
10
11 Think about that yourself again and compare it to - eth0:
12
13 eth - ethernet
14 0 - 1st card
15
16 I don't think I need to explain which of both is a lot more complicated
17 and cryptic.
18
19 > Just an example. The real mess with systemd is that it violates the good
20 > ol' Unix culture. Especially by "capturing" udev. Thanks to Gentoo for
21 > eudev!!!
22
23 That's also true but not the only problem with systemd.
24
25 Heiko Baums