From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE slow / console-kit-daemon POLKIT_IS_AUTHORITY failed
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:37:54
1 On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 12:54:57 +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2
3 > > I get this on my desktop but not my laptop. I have tried for ages to
4 > > find
5 > > out why it only fails on the desktop and gave up. Now I just "chmod
6 > > +x /usr/libexec/dbus-daemon-launch-helper" and it goes away, until the
7 > > next update.
8 >
9 > Many thanks Neil!
10 >
11 > On Jul 02, 2012, Samuel Suominen wrote
12 >
13 > Never do that, unless you want everyone on your system to be allowed
14 > to gain root. As in, that is same as intentionally inserting a
15 > vulnerability to your own machine.
16 >
17 > The solution is to recompile pkgs like dev-libs/dbus-glib after
18 > dev-libs/glib upgrade (as noted by elog in the end of glib emerge)
19 > Propably 'emerge -e sys-apps/dbus dev-libs/dbus-glib' will do the
20 > trick if nothing else does
21
22 I tried all that and it made no difference. Bear in mind this machine has
23 been affected like this for more than two years, there is nothing that
24 has not been re-emerged in that time yet the issue persists.
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 Too many clicks spoil the browse.