From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE slow / console-kit-daemon POLKIT_IS_AUTHORITY failed
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 10:37:08
1 On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:37:39 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > > The solution is to recompile pkgs like dev-libs/dbus-glib after
4 > > dev-libs/glib upgrade (as noted by elog in the end of glib emerge)
5 > > Propably 'emerge -e sys-apps/dbus dev-libs/dbus-glib' will do the
6 > > trick if nothing else does
7 >
8 > I tried all that and it made no difference. Bear in mind this machine
9 > has been affected like this for more than two years, there is nothing
10 > that has not been re-emerged in that time yet the issue persists.
11
12 For the hell of it, I ran 'emerge -e sys-apps/dbus dev-libs/dbus-glib'
13 again. six hours and a reboot later and nothing has changed :(
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 TEXAS VIRUS: Makes sure that it's bigger than any other file.