From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg.conf changes and dual screen setup
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 00:09:08
1 At Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:05:26 +0200 Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I have tested xrandr but it is useless for me! I tried various things
4 > but neither of them seem to have any effect on my secondary screen.
5
6 Since you are describing a TV out it might be your tertiary screen.
7 When I type xrandr with no arguments I get
8
9 Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1600 x 1200, maximum 1920 x 1920
10 VGA connected 1600x1200+0+0 (normal left inverted right) 0mm x 0mm
11 1920x1440 60.0
12 1600x1200 60.0*
13 1280x960 60.0
14 LVDS connected (normal left inverted right)
15 1680x1050 60.0 +
16 1024x768 60.0
17 800x600 60.3
18 640x480 59.9
19 TV disconnected (normal left inverted right)
20
21 VGA is what I would call the "secondary" (for me it is an external
22 monitor, I believe it is always the monitor attached via the VGA or
23 DVI output, LVDS is the screen on the
24 laptop. Presumably TV is the signal to drive a TV (I never used
25 mine).
26
27 If you type
28
29 xrandr --output TV --off
30
31 does it stop driving the TV? That is what the manual suggests will
32 happen. If not than it seems the nvidia driver isn't supporting randr
33 1.2. Perhaps that was what was meant by "wont fix", nvidia bug.
34
35 allan
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list