From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stable MythTV removed from portage?
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 21:00:55
1 On 7/2/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
2 > On Sunday 02 July 2006 22:30, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > Again, it seems to make little sense to me.
4 >
5 > You don't want to upgrade because mythtv is a pain in the butt to upgrade. Now
6 > imagine what it's like to maintain it... ;) I don't know more than you do
7 > about this but I could imagine they wanted to lower the number of ebuilds
8 > that they have to maintain...
9 >
10 > --
11 > Bo Andresen
12
13 Yeah, I understand, and you are probably right. But mythtv-0.18.1
14 hasn't been changing. I don't do software so I don't understand the
15 word 'maintain'. I'm sure it's a drag and this is easier on them. I
16 just wish the devs would have a bit more compassion for those of use
17 out here wiht families we're trying to keep happy with these toys! ;-)
18
19 Anyway, I just brought down the 0.18 ebuild and built a digest but
20 it's complaining about missing patches so I'll see if I can't figure
21 that out.
22
23 If this is painful enough I guess they'll force me to upgrade anyway,
24 won't they? ;-)
25
26 Cheers,
27 Mark