From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stable MythTV removed from portage?
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 03:43:01
1 On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 13:51:24 -0700
2 Mark Knecht wrote:
3
4 > On 7/2/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
5 > > On Sunday 02 July 2006 22:30, Mark Knecht wrote:
6 > > > Again, it seems to make little sense to me.
7 > >
8 > > You don't want to upgrade because mythtv is a pain in the butt to upgrade. Now
9 > > imagine what it's like to maintain it... ;) I don't know more than you do
10 > > about this but I could imagine they wanted to lower the number of ebuilds
11 > > that they have to maintain...
12 > >
13 > > --
14 > > Bo Andresen
15 >
16 > Yeah, I understand, and you are probably right. But mythtv-0.18.1
17 > hasn't been changing. I don't do software so I don't understand the
18 > word 'maintain'. I'm sure it's a drag and this is easier on them. I
19 > just wish the devs would have a bit more compassion for those of use
20 > out here wiht families we're trying to keep happy with these toys! ;-)
21 >
22 > Anyway, I just brought down the 0.18 ebuild and built a digest but
23 > it's complaining about missing patches so I'll see if I can't figure
24 > that out.
25 >
26 > If this is painful enough I guess they'll force me to upgrade anyway,
27 > won't they? ;-)
28 >
29 > Cheers,
30 > Mark
31
32 If it is so stable and you have it on 5 machines then why are you
33 wanting to install it again?
34
35 Actually 0.19 has quite a lot of improvements.
36 --
37 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list