From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stable MythTV removed from portage?
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 13:12:07
1 On 7/2/06, Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz> wrote:
4 > If it is so stable and you have it on 5 machines then why are you
5 > wanting to install it again?
6
7 I don't. I just don't want messages about things being installed for
8 which there is no atom, or whatever the message is.
9
10 (And it's not that stable - it's that no one watches TV anymore. If
11 Myth quits then the WAF==0.0 and I'm in deep stuff!)
14 > Actually 0.19 has quite a lot of improvements.
15
16 Yes, and I hope to get it all upgraded when my family goes away for a
17 couple of weeks in July. Until then I just don't like being pushed
18 around! ;-)
19
20 More importantly (to me) is that when looking at a distro like this
21 what are the issues with leaving an older revision in portage? I
22 don't see what the maintainance issues are. It's been a working ebuild
23 for a long time. Why remove it. Just leave it there. I suppose files
24 could move and then the ebuild would need an update but other than
25 that how much work is being saved for one person vs. a decision by
26 that one person to force lots of people to upgrade? (All
27 rhetorical....)
28
29 - Mark
30 --