From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: setting boot flag on sda1
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 21:43:28
1 On 09/05/14 20:50, James wrote:
2 >Joseph <syscon780 <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >> But where to find older fdisk and in stall it from chroot environment.
6 >
7 >Long answer. You are setting me up for another round of flame_arrows.
8 >YOU should follow the advise you are given on how to solve your problem.
9 >
10 >You are "hard headed"...... You'll do well with Gentoo.
11 >
12 >caveat emptor!
15 >So "equery belongs fdisk" shows me:
16 >
17 >sys-apps/util-linux-2.24.1-r3 (/usr/share/bash-completion/fdisk)
18 >sys-apps/util-linux-2.24.1-r3 (/sbin/fdisk)
19 >
20 >"eix util-linux"
21 >
22 >Should do the trick I'm assuming you know how to emerge a specific
23 >version of a package)?
24 >
25 >Or you can always look here?
26 >
27 >http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/
28 >
29 >more specifically:
30 >http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/sys-apps/util-linux/
33 >hth,
34 >James
35
36 Hi James,
37
38 I don't want to cause any problems :-/ I'm just trying to boot this piece of crap of mine so I can proceed with installation.
39 But I'm out of luck. It could be due to my old BIOS not recognizing correctly GPT.
40
41 I think my only options would be to scrap that GPT and go with MBR, as Alex suggested.
42
43 Yes, I know how to install specific version.
44
45 I have tried to use gdisk "expert mode"
46 gdisk /dev/sda
47 x - expert mode
48 a
49 1
50
51 and I set flags: "0" - system partition and "2" legacy BIOS bootable
52
53 I try to reboot and still no luck; so I'm getting into conclusion that scraping the I have to scrap that GPT.
54 I was trying to avoid as it take some time to do it from scratch ;-(
57 Joseph