From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Quickest/easiest Gentoo install?
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2020 17:47:47
1 On 7/6/20 6:02 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > I'd like to install Gentoo on an older Lenovo laptop with 3 gigs ram
3 > and 75 gigs disk. Is there a "robo-installer script" for this? I want
4 > 1 partition (/dev/sda via lilo ) as ext3 and openrc. I'll settle for a
5 > textconsole-only install if necessay, and tweak the kernel and build X
6 > as necessary.
9 Good news: I have dozens of potential solutions to what you seek. I will
10 post a few, that best (potentially) satisfy your solution-request.
11 Please let me know what your try and what is wrong with what I suggest.
12 (it helps me).
15 Bad news: I am currently very disorganized.
18 1. (Best; imho)
19
20 https://wiki.cloveros.ga/CloverOS_GNU/Linux
21
22 2. (BEST; a tie)
23
24 http://exgent.exton.net/
25
26 Both are new, gentoo centric and should work on a wide variety of newer
27 and older hardware.
30 Do provide more detail (processor, Mobo, major sytems) on your current
31 target(s). With your deeper feedback, I have pointers to many other
32 resources for (semi) automated gentoo installs.
35 hth,
36 James