From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Image viewer with brightness/contrast adjustments
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:49:10
1 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > Am Freitag, 26. März 2010 schrieb Dale:
5 >> Ooooohhhhhh. Please permit me to add one more needed feature then.
6 >> GUI. Some of my pics are nested pretty deep, because of my organizing
7 >> skills or lack thereof. LOL
8 >> [...]
9 >> This reminds me of the cereal isle in a grocery store. We stand there
10 >> trying to pick which one we want and 80% of them are made from corn.
11 >> Basically the same thing but different and we can't choose the one we want.
12 >>
13 > That’s easy - I take the big value pack. It’s cheaper per kilogram than the
14 > really good stuff, but still tastes better than the cheap stuff.
15 >
16 > But back to the topic:
17 > I believe xv hasn’t been mentioned yet. It’s an old generic image viewer for X
18 > with editing capabilities.
19 >
20 > I use Gimp for all editing though. I’m OK with the loading time, because
21 > nothing compares to it feature-wise. I tried krita, but I didn’t like its
22 > shortcomings at navigating in a big/zoomed image. In Gimp I can use (shift and
23 > ctrl plus) the scroll wheel, in Krita, all of those do the same.
26 I get the bagged cereal too. It's as good as the brand name and lots
27 cheaper. That box must cost a lot to make compared to a baggie. lol
28
29 I do use GIMP a lot. When I need to seriously edit a pic, scale, crop,
30 or do other things then I use GIMP. Most of the time tho, I just want
31 to open a image and change the brightness so I can see something in it.
32 I don't even save the change, I just view it.
33
34 Maybe I need a faster rig. ;-)
35
36 Dale