From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Image viewer with brightness/contrast adjustments
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:10:40
1 Am Freitag, 26. März 2010 schrieb Dale:
2
3 > Ooooohhhhhh. Please permit me to add one more needed feature then.
4 > GUI. Some of my pics are nested pretty deep, because of my organizing
5 > skills or lack thereof. LOL
6 > [...]
7 > This reminds me of the cereal isle in a grocery store. We stand there
8 > trying to pick which one we want and 80% of them are made from corn.
9 > Basically the same thing but different and we can't choose the one we want.
10
11 That’s easy - I take the big value pack. It’s cheaper per kilogram than the
12 really good stuff, but still tastes better than the cheap stuff.
13
14 But back to the topic:
15 I believe xv hasn’t been mentioned yet. It’s an old generic image viewer for X
16 with editing capabilities.
17
18 I use Gimp for all editing though. I’m OK with the loading time, because
19 nothing compares to it feature-wise. I tried krita, but I didn’t like its
20 shortcomings at navigating in a big/zoomed image. In Gimp I can use (shift and
21 ctrl plus) the scroll wheel, in Krita, all of those do the same.
22 --
23 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
24 Press any key to continue, or any other key to quit.