From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Image viewer with brightness/contrast adjustments
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 02:05:11
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 19:07:41 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >>> How about the display command from imagemagick (with use=X)? It's
6 >>> smaller than the GIMP, and loads quickly. The interface is a bit
7 >>> clunky, but it might do what you want. Just run 'display [file]',
8 >>> click on the image to bring up a menu, then do Enhance -> Brightness.
9 >>> Or use shortcuts L to adjust brightness and Z/C to dull/sharpen the
10 >>> contrast.
11 >>>
12 >
13 >> I have that installed and the USE flag X set. It doesn't run tho. If
14 >> I type in image and hit the tab key for autocompletion, it isn't
15 >> listed. Has something changed with it since you used it last and this
16 >> isn't available now?
17 >>
18 > The package is called imagemagick, the command you need is display.
22 Ooooohhhhhh. Please permit me to add one more needed feature then.
23 GUI. Some of my pics are nested pretty deep, because of my organizing
24 skills or lack thereof. LOL
25
26 I'm thinking about trying gqview but no clue what it does either. It
27 looks like I'm going to be using -C and --depclean here in a bit. ;-)
28 Bad thing is, I sort of like a couple of the ones posted and may want to
29 keep them installed too. O_o
30
31 This reminds me of the cereal isle in a grocery store. We stand there
32 trying to pick which one we want and 80% of them are made from corn.
33 Basically the same thing but different and we can't choose the one we want.
34
35 Dale
36