From: Eskej <eskej@×××××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdehiddenvisibility: What does it do?
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 09:27:03
1 On Mon, 29 May 2006 12:24:20 +0400, Dirk Heinrichs
2 <ext-dirk.heinrichs@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Read my first mail again, please. I didn't write about a single app, I
5 > wrote
6 > about KDE startup.
7
8 Oh, I'm sorry but shouldn't a single app be affected? And KDE startup time
9 is hardly to measure.
10 So the question is open: has anybody noticed a _single application_
11 performance increase with GCC 4.1 and hidden visibility. KDE I mean.
12 Or maybe Konsole is no good to make tests? But it is the only precise test
13 I know. When it is about milliseconds human cannot see the difference
14 really.
18 Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list