From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Local mail server
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:59:22
1 On 2020-07-29, Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > ????? I can understand a fee for a static IP4 - they've run out,
4 > after all, and people are fighting over them ...
5 >
6 > Don't ISPs get a 2^64 allocation of IP6 *network* addresses? They
7 > should just allocate one to your router and that's that! Still, I
8 > wouldn't put it past them to charge extra for what should be free.
9
10 Pricing isn't based on cost. Pricing is based on what people are
11 willing to pay. People are willing to pay extra for a static IPv6
12 address, therefore static IPv6 addresses cost extra.
15 Grant