From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Install issue
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 22:13:46
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 23:56 on Sunday 29 May 2011, Mick did opine
2 thusly:
3
4 > > I wonder if you haven't just tripped over a bug in baselayout or recent
5 > > stage3's. I just did a new install here but used an old stage3 that was
6 > > still baselayout-1. I did not run into the issues you did. What does
7 > > b.g.o. say?
8 >
9 > I'm sure that I've come across the same problem some time in the distant
10 > past and had to create these two nodes manually.
11 >
12 > However, it should be easy to prove if this is a bug or not - look in the
13 > stage3 tar file for /dev/console and /dev/null?
14
15 True enough recent stage 3 tarballs for amd64 on my mirror are either faulty
16 or do not contain /dev/console.
17
18 May 20 and 26 are faulty
19
20 April 28 is OK
21
22 Colleen, you should follow the tip you found on Google to fix this. What stage
23 3 did you download and use?
28 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com