From: Mike Kazantsev <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Applying patches without needing overlays and modifying ebuilds
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 08:25:02
1 On Sun, 17 May 2009 10:20:33 +0300
2 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > >> What if we could just specify patches to be applied in, say,
5 > >> /etc/portage/packages.patch with something like:
6 > >>
7 > >> media-video/smplayer j-random-hack.patch
8 ...
9 > >> Can someone think of a way to set up something like this?
10
11 I'd suggest passing the list of patches thru the environment - it
12 should be much easier to implement than commandline. Like this:
13
14 MY_PATCHES='j-random-hack.patch' emerge media-video/smplayer
15
16 Then you can edit /usr/portage/eclass/base.eclass, adding processing of
17 this var and all the patching you need to "base_src_util" function,
18 right after "unpack ${A}".
19 In fact, I think I've seen such thing already implemented somewhere,
20 but prehaps it's just a by-product of my imagination.
23 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net