From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] SMR drives (WAS: cryptsetup close and device in use when it is not)
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2021 21:41:32
1 Am Sun, Aug 01, 2021 at 11:41:48AM +0800 schrieb William Kenworthy:
2 >
3 > On 1/8/21 8:50 am, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
4 > > Am Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 12:58:29PM +0800 schrieb William Kenworthy:
5 > >
6 > > ...
7 > > And thanks to the cache, a new snapshots usually is done very fast. But for
8 > > a yet unknown reason, sometimes Borg re-hashes all files, even though I
9 > > didn’t touch the cache. In that case it takes 2½ hours to go through my
10 > > video directory.
11 > >
12 > Borg will do that as an extra method of ensuring its not missed any
13 > changes.  I think the default is every 26 times it visits a file so its
14 > a big hit the first time it starts but semi-randomises over time, it can
15 > be set or disabled via an environment variable.
16
17 Ah, you’re right. I recently lowered the TTL in my wrapper script. This
18 might have been the trigger. I did that because I was dismayed by the size
19 of the cache (1 GiB), which made my root partition rather cramped. But then
20 I had the epiphany of simply moving the cache to the big data partition.
21 Problem solved (but forgot to revert the TTL).
24 Grüße | Greetings | Qapla’
25 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
26
27 What was that disease called again that makes you forget everything?