From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] SMR drives (WAS: cryptsetup close and device in use when it is not)
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2021 03:42:39
1 On 1/8/21 8:50 am, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > Am Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 12:58:29PM +0800 schrieb William Kenworthy:
3 >
4 > ...
5 > And thanks to the cache, a new snapshots usually is done very fast. But for
6 > a yet unknown reason, sometimes Borg re-hashes all files, even though I
7 > didn’t touch the cache. In that case it takes 2½ hours to go through my
8 > video directory.
9 >
10 Borg will do that as an extra method of ensuring its not missed any
11 changes.  I think the default is every 26 times it visits a file so its
12 a big hit the first time it starts but semi-randomises over time, it can
13 be set or disabled via an environment variable.
14
15 BillK