From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard Drive Crash - Please Help
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:21:07
1 > > The thing I'm confused about is how I can get anything back to the
2 > > laptop when it won't even have an OS on it. I could boot a LiveCD but
3 > > I don't think I'll be able to connect to the wireless network.
4 >
5 > Hum...that's pretty much a show stopper. In that case, setting up a
6 > wired network (if they have wlan, these machines would have wired lan as
7 > well, no?) or buying that 2.5" IDE adapter is probably the least hassle.
8
9 Do you think it's a lost cause anyway since after a format/reinstall
10 the system still detects errors on the disk?
11
12 - Grant
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list