From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New install, no modem devices found
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 04:08:25
1 On Tuesday 17 January 2006 20:23, Dale wrote:
2 > Hi again,
3 >
4 > I have got my new install done up to the point that I can get into a GUI,
5 > even though the nvidia drivers won't load. Anyway, I want to connect to
6 > the net with my serial modem but there are no devices for it to connect
7 > with.
8 >
9 > Here's my first problem. I looked in my /dev folder and the file is there
10 > and it points to /dev/tts/1 but it points back to /dev/ttyS1 which points
11 > back to /dev/tts/1. This is a endless loop that needless to say is not
12 > working.
13 >
14 < snip >
15 >
16 > Thanks for the help. I can see light at the end of the tunnel now. I just
17 > hope I can send email when I get my modem to work.
18 >
19 > Dale
20 >
21 > :-)
24 OK. I just deleted the things and rebooted. It works now, the modem anyway.
25
26 For those who was following my thread about not being able to send email. I
27 can open Mozilla just fine on the new install. I can NOT send a email except
28 to those on my local ISP. Ain't that some crap. All this for nothing.
29
30 I'm hitting up a new thread again I guess. Look for it shortly after this
31 post.
32
33 Thanks
34