From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ncurses is gone
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 10:15:54
1 On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 17:08:01 +1000, Alan E. Davis wrote:
2
3 > I think you are telling me to use Gentoo Live CD specifically, and
4 > mount my installed "/" (on /mnt/gentoo?), chroot into it (as described
5 > in the install docs) and run revdeb-rebuild.
6 >
7 > Is revdep-rebuild part of the live cd?
8
9 It doesn't matter. Once you have chrooted you are using software
10 installed in the chroot.
11
12 However, it may not be possible to use revdep-rebuild without ncurses, in
13 which case you need some kind soul with a similar setup to provide you
14 with a binary package of ncurses, which you can unpack into your root
15 directory.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Locutous for Pontiac: Excitment is irrelivent.