From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD/DVD burning tools?
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:58:32
1 "Chuanwen Wu" <wcw8410@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >> cdrecord supports both CDs and DVDs.
4 > Where is cdrecord? I can't see it in the portage.
5
6 The official cdredcord source is here:
7
8 ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/
9
10 Cdrecord started in January 1996 (12.5 years ago),
11 cdrcord added DVD support in February 1998 (10 years ago)
12 cdrecod addded Blu Ray support in summer 2007.
13
14 I know that cdrecord is on portage, but I don't know where.
15
16 Be careful not to use forks but only official code. All known forks
17 are full of bugs. In special: they come with extremely buggy mkisofs
18 variants and they all have incomplete and broken DVD support (because
19 the working original DVD support code has been completely relaced in
20 the forks).
21
22 Cdrecord is known to work with all drives and media. Other software may
23 have problems with some drives or media.
24
25 Jörg
28 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
29 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)