From: Mike Mazur <mmazur@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Skype && pulseaudio
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:03:32
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 15:38, Alexander Puchmayr
<alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at> wrote:
> The 2.1.x-Version of Skype seems to use pulseaudio if it finds a pulsaudio- > deamon running, and doesn't allow to chose the audio device in this case.
Yep, I noticed this recently as well, and was initially quite happy with this development :)
> What I want to have is very simple: > * Ringtone and any other sound produced by skype shall go to the internal > sound device with loudspeakers connected > * Audiostream for talking to someone shall go to the USB-Headset. > > How do I configure this?
This is indeed a problem. In the past I used the mic of my USB headset and the external speakers for calls, but now I can't get that configuration any longer. It's always using the crappy mic built-in to my laptop. I'll be very interested in the solution :) Thanks, Mike