From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] PORTAGE_ELOG_COMMAND
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:12:58
1 Anyone knows how PORTAGE_ELOG_COMMAND is really supposed to work? I did read
2 the documentation in /etc/make.conf and
3 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=1
4 The API is not documented. I _assumed_ that the program /path/to/logprocessor
5 reads logs from STDIN and does whatever it wants with them. I tried a program
6 that appends what it receives from STDIN to a hard-coded file. I end up with
7 an empty file, and emerge warns about a timeout that is not mentioned in the
8 documentation. The timeout is in the source, but I don't know python...
9
10 Can someone clarify this?
11
12 TIA