From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PORTAGE_ELOG_COMMAND
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:37:07
1 On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 16:09:47 +0100, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2
3 > Anyone knows how PORTAGE_ELOG_COMMAND is really supposed to work? I did
4 > read the documentation in /etc/make.conf and
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=1
6 > The API is not documented. I _assumed_ that the
7 > program /path/to/logprocessor reads logs from STDIN and does whatever
8 > it wants with them.
9
10 The URL you gave states that is not the case. The name of the logfile is
11 passed as a variable, it is up to your program to read the logfile and do
12 whatever it wants with the contents.
13
14 > I tried a program that appends what it receives
15 > from STDIN to a hard-coded file. I end up with an empty file, and
16 > emerge warns about a timeout that is not mentioned in the
17 > documentation. The timeout is in the source, but I don't know python...
18
19 It times out because your program is waiting for input on STDIN and there
20 is none.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Men who go out with flat chested woman have reasons for feeling down