From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PORTAGE_ELOG_COMMAND
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:19:24
1 On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 16:09:47 +0100, Jorge Almeida wrote:
3 >
4 >> The API is not documented. I _assumed_ that the
5 >> program /path/to/logprocessor reads logs from STDIN and does whatever
6 >> it wants with them.
7 >
8 > The URL you gave states that is not the case. The name of the logfile is
9 > passed as a variable, it is up to your program to read the logfile and do
10 > whatever it wants with the contents.
11 >
12 Well, it doesn't really state it. I can make it work now, but only without
13 escaping backslash ('${... instead of '\${...). Maybe it is assumed that the
14 program is a shell script? Moreover, the variables can be passed as arguments,
15 not necessarily as options. All obvious once you know it, of course.
16
17 Thank you
18
19 J.A.