From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ISDN problems
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 01:01:53
1 Thomas U. Nockmann wrote:
2
3 > On Wednesday 23 June 2010 Alex Schuster wrote:
4 > [...]
5 >
6 > Hello,
7 >
8 > > But /etc/init.d/capi fails to start, when calling 'capiinit
9 > > activate': ERROR: cannot open /dev/capi20 nor /dev/isdn/capi20 - No
10 > > such device or address (6)
11 >
12 > I'd got the same message while setting up a hylafax-server. I solved it
13 > by creating a new 50-udev.rules:
14 >
15 > ###
16 > ~ $ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules
17 > KERNEL=="capi", NAME="capi20", SYMLINK+="isdn/capi20
18 > faxCAPI", GROUP="uucp", MODE="0666"
19 > KERNEL=="capi[0-9]*", NAME="capi/%n"
20 > ~ $
21 > ###
22 > You may waive the faxCAPI-directive.
23
24 Sorry for not responding until now. My imminent ISDN problem was
25 workarounded, I got access to a machineI could use for that. And then my
26 phone problem was finally fixed, so I again have a PC I can use for that.
27 But I will shut it down soon, it's too much of a waste fo energy to let it
28 run only for being able to use it for ISDN, and das server for CVS and my
29 Wiki.
30
31 I first thougt your suggestions would just adjust the permissions, and
32 that does not seem to be the real problem, but I tried anyway, and got a
33 partial success! The error message is gone, and capiinfo shows stuff.
34 Thanks!
35
36 But still, pppd call <peer> does not work. The system seems to be dialing,
37 I see familiar messages, but that's it, no more messages at all.
38
39 When I just tried that again, the system even hung, I could not even
40 switch to a text shell, I had to reset. I suspected this had to do with
41 multiple drivers being loaded, these are running after system startup:
42
43 weird ~ # lsmod|grep -i isdn
44 mISDNipac 17480 1 avmfritz
45 mISDN_core 78152 3 avmfritz,mISDNipac
46
47 But I just tried again, after removing all avmfritz and mISDN modules. The
48 last message I get is:
49 capiplugin: using /dev/capi/0: "" -> "022112345678" outgoing (pcli=...)
50
51 I removed all modules again, commented out fcpci in /etc/capi.conf and
52 enabled avmfritz, started capi. But then capiinfo again gives the "capi
53 not installed" message.
54
55 I'm not sure what to do now, maybe have a deeper look at the mISDN
56 project. Why can't these things just keep working? And even worse, they
57 make my PC crash, which makes trying around further no joy.
58
59 Wonko